The campaign – which will run on social
media and digital platforms over the next four weeks – alerts sexual
predators that Police Scotland knows how they operate, knows where they
operate and is aware of the methods used to exploit young people.
CSE is child abuse. It happens to girls and boys in communities across Scotland.
Police say perpetrators of CSE exert
power over children using violence, coercion and intimidation. They will
target young people offering them anything and everything from food,
drugs and alcohol to gifts and even affection in return for sex. Any
child or young person regardless of gender, ethnicity, background or
sexual orientation may experience this form of child abuse.
Scotland – both boys and girls – are being groomed for sex by predators.
This kind of insidious behaviour can, at times, be hidden under a veil
of seemingly innocent contact when in reality the child is being groomed
to be sexually abused.
“Sexually exploiting a child
will not be tolerated and our message to perpetrators is simple: we know
how you operate, where you operate and the techniques you use. We’re on
“It is vital we work together
with partners and across communities to raise awareness of CSE, of
recognising the signs and focusing on prevention.
“Tackling child abuse in all its
forms, including CSE, is one Police Scotland’s highest priorities. Our
children deserve nothing less.”
– CHIEF CONSTABLE PHIL GORMLEY
- #NSPCC Child Protection Statistics #UK 2016
- #PoliceScotland launch child sex exploitation campaign #CSA
- Revealed: Scottish firms fronting global child-porn websites
- Fresh controversy engulfs troubled Child Abuse Inquiry #CSA #Scotland
- Law Society and Faculty welcome #ScotGov legislative programme
- Police Scotland to merge with British Transport Police
- PHIL GORMLEY. Scotland’s Latest TOTALLY CORRUPT Police Chief.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/2bUqd1U