8 powerful reasons why Butler-Sloss cannot head the VIP child abuse inquiry
Here are 8 extremely compelling reasons why Baroness Butler-Sloss should stand down as head of the inquiry into allegations of child abuse by politicians and other powerful figures:
1) Child abuse survivors say Butler-Sloss is the wrong person for the job.
2) Prominent campaigners also say Butler-Sloss is the wrong person for the job.
3) Butler-Sloss would have to investigate her own brother who has been accused of covering up the identities of VIP paedophiles.
4) As a member of the House of Lords, Butler-Sloss is too much an entrenched part of the same establishment she would have to be investigating.
5) Butler-Sloss has herself been accused of trying to hide the identities of church leaders accused of child abuse.
6) Butler-Sloss has openly stated she believes leaders and heads of state should have “sovereign immunity” in the courts.
7) At 81, Butler-Sloss is simply too old to carry out a forceful, tenacious and effective investigation into powerful people who have very powerful connections and who will assuredly fight tooth and nail against any suggestions of wrong-doing on their part.
And the most undoubtedly incontestable reason Butler-Sloss cannot possibly be the right person for the job……
8) Michael Gove thinks she is.
Related articles by Tom Pride:
Awkward. Butler-Sloss once said leaders have “sovereign” right to immunity and anonymity
Head of paedophile inquiry’s own brother accused of protecting VIP paedophiles
Meet the man Leon Brittan handed the lost VIP paedophile dossier to
Google searches for ‘Leon Brittan’ and ‘PIE’ censored after Cease and Desist notice
How MI5 vetted Savile. And decided paedophilia was nothing to worry about.
High level child abuse cover-up? Why has Theresa May barred a US journalist from the UK?
The truth about the Tory Party’s cover up of its links to paedophilia
Cock-up, cover-up or conspiracy in the North Wales child abuse scandal? You decide.
Child abuse scandal can of worms – just who is Daily Mail reporter David Rose?
Jimmy Savile, West Yorkshire Police and the Friday Morning Club
Please feel free to comment.
If you click on any of these buttons below, you can share this article with other people. Thanks: