THE DIE IS CAST

‘Paedophile’ dossier naming MPs and peers handed to police

Investigation into alleged Westminster paedophile ring handed names of serving MPs and peers after victims and other informants come forward

27
142
0
0
169
Email
John Mann MP, who has handed a dossier of evidence to Scotland Yard

John Mann MP, who has handed a dossier of evidence to Scotland Yard Photo: PA
Detectives have been handed a dossier naming six serving parliamentarians accused of involvement in a Westminster paedophile ring, it has been reported.
The three MPs and three members of the House of Lords were included in a file compiled by the Labour MP John Mann, which was handed to Scotland Yard earlier this month.
It included the names of 22 politicians in total, the Sunday Timesreported.
 
 
 
Fourteen of the individuals identified by Mr Mann were Conservative politicians, five were Labour and three were from other parties.
The MP, who has played an instrumental role in securing an inquiry into the alleged establishment paedophile ring, distilled the list of names from hundreds of pieces of information handed to him by members of the public.
Mr Mann said: “All those 22 names are worthy of investigation by the police.
“The evidence against half of them is very compelling.
“Some of them could definitely be prosecuted and I believe several of them were definitely child abusers.”
The dossier included the names of 13 former ministers.
The probe into the historic sex gang, codenamed Operation Midland, centres on claims of paedophile parties at Dolphin Square, an exclusive block of flats in Pimlico, central London, which has long been popular with MPs because of its proximity to the Houses of Parliament.
The senior officer leading the inquiry said people who lived or visited Dolphin Square in the 1970s “will have seen or heard something that they only understand the significance of now”.
A witness who has played a critical role in the inquiry so far, known only as “Nick”, is understood to have told detectives he saw a Conservative MP strangle a 12-year-old boy to death at an orgy in around 1980.
Detectives have described Nick’s wider evidence about the paedophile ring as “credible and true”.
The police’s decision to go public with the claims is likely to mean they have been able to secure some corroborating evidence surrounding Nick’s claims.
But their appeal for other victims to come forward, as well as other potential witnesses, means detectives are likely to need further first-hand testimony before moving to interview public figures.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *