Plaquemines sheriff asks for tips on Westwego man booked on child sex abuse charges
Latest Plaquemines Parish crime stories
- Plaquemines sheriff asks for tips on Westwego man booked on child sex abuse charges
- Belle Chasse man sentenced to 40 years for sexually abusing children
- 2 Violet men booked with residential burglaries of Hurricane Isaac-damaged Braithwaite home
- Sexual misconduct case against former Plaquemines Parish deputy settled
- Two Belle Chasse Middle School students arrested on drug charges
John Paul Vajas, Jr., 43, of the 1400 block of West Drive, was booked Oct. 29 on sexual battery and molestation of juvenile, accused of abusing two children under the age of 12 years old.
He was being held in the Belle Chasse jail on Friday in lieu of a $450,000 bond.
The Sheriff’s Office asked that victims, or individuals with information, contact Detective Aaron Verrette at 504.564.2525 or 504.297.5277, or Crimestopppers at 504.822.1111 or toll free at 877.903.7867.
Crimestoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $2,500 for information on the investigation. Callers do not have to give their name or testify to receive the reward.
Tips can also be sent to Crimestopppers through its website, www.crimestoppersgno.org; texted to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637), then typing “TELLCS” followed by the crime information; or submitted via the Crimestoppers Mobile App TipSubmit.