Serial sex offender who appeared on Take Me Out is jailed for two years after defying ban to stay away from children
A PERVERT wrestler who appeared on dating show Take Me Out has been jailed for two and a half years for flouting a ban on going near children.
Serial sex offender Jim Brown is barred from contact with kids, and from going to leisure centres, unless he is supervised.
But a court yesterday heard he got membership of the Peak gym in Stirling and went seven times in December last year.
Worried members saw Brown, 27, pacing up and down, doing no exercise.
The next day, Brown was seen getting out of the pool and walking towards a girl of 12 who was alone.
Police were called, and found him in front of a mirror in the changing rooms.
Prosecutor Dev Kapadia told Stirling Sheriff Court: “He was applying body lotion to himself in front of unsupervised children.”
Brown, who appeared with Paddy McGuinness on Take Me Out in 2010, was arrested, and said nothing.
He was first jailed in 2011, for eight months, for performing a sex act on himself in a cubicle at Wishaw Sports Centre in his native Lanarkshire.
Brown was also put on probation for three years for possessing child abuse images on a laptop at his home.
And the former professional wrestler was given a Sexual Offences Prevention Order forbidding unsupervised contact with kids.
Brown defied the order in April 2012 by joining a gym near Glasgow. A member recognised him from the TV and he was thrown out.
Then, in February last year, Brown approached four girls aged 13 and 14 in his home town of Holytown and made vile sexual remarks to them in a fake American accent before following them down the street.
He was sentenced to 18 months for breaching his licence, but freed early.
Yesterday, Brown pled guilty to his latest breach but whined through his lawyer that he had been frustrated at not being allowed to go to the gym.
He complained that his licence conditions were restrictive.
Sheriff Wyllie Robertson replied that if he did not like the conditions, he should challenge them in court.
Pervert Scot who appeared on TV dating show Take Me Out is jailed for fourth sex offence in two years
A PERVERT wrestler who appeared on ITV dating show Take Me Out has been jailed for his fourth sex-related crime in just two years.
Jim Brown made vile remarks to a group of schoolgirls in a fake American accent.
The 26-year-old, who was caught after one of his victims recognised him from TV, has been locked up for 18 months.
The serial offender was already subject to a court order preventing him from having any unsupervised contact with children.
It was imposed after he downloaded child abuse images and committed a sex act at a public swimming pool.
In the latest case, he approached four girls, aged 13 and 14, and made disgusting sexual comments to them before following them down a street. One of the girls recognised Brown from his appearance on the hit show hosted by Paddy McGuinness.
The teenagers were left terrified by the incident in Brown’s hometown of Holytown, Lanarkshire, in February.
They told their parents about the encounter and it was reported to police, who arrested Brown.
He denied breaching his sexual offence prevention order but a jury found him guilty following a trial at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Thursday.
Brown was told that he will be monitored for two years upon his release and he was placed on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.
His lawyer Iain Bradley claimed Brown had been offered a job and was trying to change his ways.
But Sheriff Alasdair MacFadyen told him: “In view of the serious nature of the offence, you pose a serious risk of harm to the public.”
On Take Me Out in 2010, Brown was matched with mum-of-one Caroline Mellor, who later said she was horrified that she had been teamed up with him.
A former Olympic wrestling hopeful and reality TV contestant has been convicted of making an inappropriate sexual comment to four teenage girls.
Hamilton Sheriff Court heard Jim Brown (pictured above on right) approached two 14-year-old girls and two aged 13, shouted at them and followed them in Main Street, Holytown.
In doing so he breached a sexual offences prevention order imposed at the same court in September 2011. This banned him from having unsupervised contact with children under 17.
Brown (26), of Main Street, Holytown, denied the charge when he stood trial before a jury this week. But he was found guilty and sentence was deferred for a month.
He has been held in custody since his arrest after the incident in February this year.
Two of the girls told Amanda Gallacher, prosecuting, they picked out Brown at an identity parade as the man who had approached them and made an indecent remark.
Brown claimed it was a case of mistaken identity and he was at home having dinner at the time.
The court heard he was a Government-sponsored athlete for five years, but his hopes of representing his country at the Olympics ended when he was put on the sex offenders’ register less than a year before London 2012.
That case involved possession of indecent images of children and performing an indecent act in a cubicle at Wishaw Sports Centre.
Brown denied both charges, but again a jury found him guilty.
At that time he was put on the sex offenders’ register for five years. The court heard an assessment concluded he was at ‘very high risk’ of re-offending.
Brown, who was a contestant in the dating show Take Me Out, told the court this week he was ‘finished’ as a wrestler after his conviction in 2011.
He said he now works as a personal trainer and clients include a Scottish Premier League football team.
Brown said he was well known after nationwide publicity following his earlier conviction. He suggested the girls who picked him out at the ID parade had seen pictures of him on the internet.
He told the court: “I don’t question there was an incident, but it was mistaken identity and Jim Brown got the blame because of the trouble two years ago.”
However, Ms Gallacher said the witnesses had identified him not because he was Jim Brown but because he was the person who had approached them.
And PC Anthony Cunningham, reporting officer in the case, told the court: “In my opinion all four girls were credible witnesses. Had I not thought so I would have taken the investigation no further.
“I was satisfied they were telling the truth.”
Take Me Out pervert banned from the gym after being recognised
A PERVERT wrestler who appeared on Take Me Out was asked to leave a gym last week after being spotted by a fellow customer.
Paedophile Jim Brown, 25, was chucked out of the Milngavie Health, Raquets and Golf Club, near Glasgow.
Brown, who appeared on the first episode of the ITV1 dating show in 2010, left after his status as registered sex offender was reported to staff at the Virgin Active gym.
The gym, who offer memberships from £50 onwards, have both a crèche and classes such as parent and child swimming lessons.
The sex fiend wrestler – who was described as a control freak by the woman he dated on Take Me Out – was jailed for eight months last September.
He was convicted of carrying out a sex act in the changing rooms at Wishaw Sports Centre in North Lanarkshire.
The incident happened just months after cops found a laptop belonging to him containing sick images of children as well as a hard drive with evidence of searches for child porn at his parents’ house in Holytown, Lanarkshire, in 2010.
He was placed on the register at Hamilton Sheriff Court in September and he was banned from having unsupervised contact with minors.
A Virgin Active spokesman said: “On Thursday 5th April 2012, a 25-year-old man was asked to leave Virgin Active in Milngavie. The man’s membership has currently been frozen.”