Dear Ministry of Justice,
We have been researching the authorities, social services and how they are all ignoring – or covering up child abuse.
Please supply under the freedom of information the following information:
1. We understand that Jack Straw, in 2009, placed a gagging order against children disclosing abuse.
a) Why was a gagging order against children made law and what were the reasons given by Jack Straw?
b) Does this gagging order still exist against children?
c) How many children were punished for reporting abuse?
2. How many children were abused or maltreated but could not speak out or was not allowed to speak due to these gagging orders?
3. How many children that were silenced by the gagging order were abused by any high profile person(s) or celebrity? I refer to any celebrity such as Savile, or high profile person such as any judges, Politian’s etc. What was the punishment to the children for reporting abuse?
4. How many children that were silenced by the gagging order were abused by any persons in a position of trust? I refer to persons such as teachers and police. What was the punishment to the children for reporting abuse?
Nigel Leat teacher ignored by authorities and parents silenced for reporting him
5. How many children that were silenced by the gagging order were abused by any care home staff. An example is Bill Starling and Alan Prescott, links below. What was the punishment to the children for reporting abuse?
(An adult survivor of Bill Starling and the effects of child abuse and why it is important for the authorities and courts to take parents reporting abuse seriously)
6. Was any child(ren) punished for reporting abuse against any person as listed in questions 3, 4, & 5 that did not have a gagging order against them?
7. Was any child(ren) ignored for reporting abuse against any person as listed in questions 3, 4, & 5 that did not have a gagging order against them?
Thank you for you email below.
In order for me to process your request under the Freedom of Information Act, please can you confirm what piece of Legislation you are referring to.
Once you have confirmed this we will process your request.
Data Access & Compliance Unit
Ministry of Justice|10th Floor|Post Point 10.34
Dear Data Access & Compliance Unit,
One of my colleagues was researching this issue and found this within, I believe, a newspaper article whereas Jack straw placed a gagging order or made it law for children not to disclose abuse. My colleague was working with another researcher researching Savile and to see if these “orders” prevented children from disclosing.
I will update when I find out more on this subject to help you with the foi