ITS A KNOCKOUT

EXCLUSIVE: Disgraced Stuart Hall, 86, swaps his £1m mansion for a
council estate semi in a rough area less than a year after his release
from prison for sex assaults on 13 girls as young as nine 

  • Hall was released from jail halfway through five-year term 11 months ago 
  • He has now moved into modest £600-a-month house in north of England
  • It comes 3 months after he was released from bail hostel accommodation
  • 86-year-old is living off half his pension and driving a borrowed Mercedes

Smoking outside: Stuart Hall has moved into a modest £600-a-month three-bedroom house in a rough area in the north of England
As he puffs on a cigar outside his rented council estate semi, Stuart Hall’s fall from grace could hardly be more evident.
Eleven
months after the disgraced broadcaster was released from prison halfway
through a five-year term for child sex offences, he has moved into a
modest house in a rough area in the north of England.
Hall’s move to the £600-a-month three-bedroom home comes three months after he was released from his bail hostel accommodation.
Driving
a ten-year-old borrowed Mercedes – a gift from a friend – Hall, 86, is
living off half his pension, with his estranged wife, Hazel, 77,
understood to be taking the rest.
His new home, rented from a friend, contrasts sharply with his opulent former home in the upmarket Cheshire town of Wilmslow.
Weeks
before his guilty plea, the former BBC star signed over the mansion to
his wife to protect his fortune from compensation claims by his
victims. 
He
was left with no money from the sale of their hacienda-style home,
which went for £995,000 in February – nearly £300,000 less than the
original asking price. 
It was in the swimming pool of this property that Hall abused four of his victims.
Publicly,
the former It’s A Knockout presenter has remained unrepentant about his
crimes, which included indecently assaulting 13 girls – one as young as
nine – between 1967 and 1985, but the Mail can reveal that he has
joined a local Baptist church, and is a regular Sunday worshipper.
New home: Hall’s move to the £600-a-month three-bedroom home in the north of England comes three months after he was released from his bail hostel accommodation

New home: Hall’s move to the
£600-a-month three-bedroom home in the north of England comes three
months after he was released from his bail hostel accommodation
He has even been allowed to give occasional readings and, according to one neighbour, has been accepted by the local community.
A family friend, who did not wish to be named, said: ‘He is an old man now, and poses no threat. 
‘Stuart
goes for a walk most mornings, and is sometimes collected by friends
and taken out for the day, but by and large he remains holed-up
indoors. 
‘He has very little money, and often has to rely on others for food. 
Opulent: The new home contrasts sharply with his former home in Wilmslow, Cheshire, which he signed over to his wife to protect his fortune from compensation claims by his victims

Opulent: The new home contrasts
sharply with his former home in Wilmslow, Cheshire, which he signed over
to his wife to protect his fortune from compensation claims by his
victims
‘Stuart
recently started going to church and has told people it is his way of
repenting, but there are a lot of people in his neighbourhood who would
not take to kindly to a convicted paedophile living on their doorstep.
It is no surprise he is trying to keep a low profile.’
Publicly, the former It’s A Knockout presenter has remained unrepentant about his crimes

Publicly, the former It’s A Knockout presenter has remained unrepentant about his crimes
Hall lives within a mile of a primary school, and on a street populated by young families.
News
of his move comes after his wife of 58 years called time on their
marriage earlier this year. Indeed, as Hall puffed on his cigar
yesterday, his gold wedding band was noticeably absent.
He
was jailed for 15 months in 2013 but this was doubled by the Court of
Appeal. He received 30 months more for indecent assault in 2014 but was
released last December.
An
inquiry for the BBC found that Hall was allowed to abuse girls as young
as ten at the BBC between 1967 and 1991 because of his ‘untouchable’
status. He was able to abuse 21 women and girls through his broadcasting
work.
Last night he declined to comment on his new life.

from Blogger http://ift.tt/2epSud1
via IFTTT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *