HOLLIE GREIG HOAX?, NONCE WARSJERSEY EXPOSED

11-12-2008, 01:34 PM
The Jersey Children�s Home Paedophile case is undergoing a revision. 

The original police officer who investigated the allegations and revealed his concerns to the press, deputy chief Lenny Harper, was forced to resign earlier this year. Now his boss, the chief officer of the States of Jersey police, Graham Power, has been �suspended�. 

The latest �spin� contains such prominent fact twisting jewels as the following:

The “secret underground chambers” were just holes in the floor, “not dungeons or cellars”.

Judge for yourself – is this picture of a �hole in the floor� an accurate impartial statement or a political spin:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/Shoestring99/Jersey_cellar466.jpg
View of the first cellar room cleared, showing a bath-like, grey-walled structure (see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7267632.stm) 

Note also that the �lime pits� earlier reported to the now �retired� former deputy chief police officer Lenny Harper, by the man who claimed to have dug them, do not feature in the below bullet points:

�The first pit, away from the house, was about 1.5 metres (5ft) deep, with a large quantity of lime at the bottom. A police spokeswoman said: “The inquiry team can think of no reason why this pit would have been created, nor why it was filled with lime. We would emphasise that we have no evidence of any motive.” (see: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7267632.stm).

It’s always risky to make predictions but it seems evident to me now that this case is going to end up with one or two very low profile paedo convictions — and the allegations of involvement of high profile politicians and businessmen in a paedophile ring using the Jersey Home as a weekend “stopover” and “sailing holidays” will now just wilt away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/jersey/7724622.stm

Jersey chief officer is suspended
?
Haut de la Garenne was closed as a children’s home in 1986
The chief officer of the States of Jersey Police has been suspended pending an investigation into his role in an inquiry into alleged child abuse.

Earlier, detectives probing alleged abuse at Haut de la Garenne said no one had been murdered there and previously released evidence had been inaccurate.

Graham Power has “strenuously” denied any wrongdoing and says he will rigorously contest any allegations.

He said he could not comment publicly on the nature of the allegations.
Earlier on Tuesday, Deputy Chief Officer, David Warcup, said there was no evidence that any children had been murdered or bodies destroyed at the former home.

‘Much regret’

Police are investigating abuse claims centring on Haut de la Garenne home.
Former police chief Lenny Harper said he was “surprised” by the comments, which misrepresented what he had said.

Mr Warcup expressed “much regret” at “misleading” information released by his predecessor on items found at the property.

Detectives said only three of the bone fragments found could be human, and two of these were hundreds of years old.

Detective Superintendent Michael Gradwell then discredited a number of the claims made about the operation by the island’s former deputy chief officer, Lenny Harper.

� After being examined by experts from the British Museum, a fragment thought to have been from a skull turned out to be a piece of Victorian coconut shell.

� “Shackles” found in rubble turned out to be “a rusty piece of metal”, and there was no evidence to suggest it had been used for anything suspicious.

� There was no blood in the cellar, and the bath blood was said to have been found in had not been used since 1920.

� The “secret underground chambers” were just holes in the floor, “not dungeons or cellars”.

� Most of the 170 pieces of bone found in the search came from animals. Three were human and two of these dated from between 1470-1670 and 1650-1950 respectively.

Mr Warcup said: “Our assessment is that the forensic recoveries do not indicate that there have been murders of children or other persons at Haut de la Garenne.

“Nor do we believe that the evidence indicates that bodies have been destroyed, buried or hidden at Haut de la Garenne.

“It’s very unfortunate and I very much regret that information was put into the public domain by the States of Jersey police about certain finds at Haut de la Garenne, which was not strictly accurate.”

The investigation into the home had cost “just over �4m”, Mr Warcup added.
Mr Gradwell said the child abuse inquiry would continue.

He said: “The purpose of today is to say there is a child abuse inquiry but in terms of Haut de la Garenne, there was no murder.”

The officer said he was not blaming Mr Harper, adding: “I am not judge, juror or executioner – I am not looking to apportion blame.”

Jersey’s Chief Minister, Senator Frank Walker, and the newly appointed Home Affairs Minister, Deputy Andrew Lewis, will outline their response to the developments later.

Jersey Police launched the investigation into the Haut de la Garenne site, which was a youth hostel in recent years, in 2006.

It became public in February when officers said they had found what was believed to be part of a child’s skull but was in fact a piece of coconut.
Scores of people then came forward saying they had been abused at the home between the early 1960s and 1986.

Jan Klimkowski
11-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Before the oh-so-predictable cover-up & discrediting of key officials & witnesses started:

Beast of Jersey paedophile Edward Paisnel was known to visit children�s home

Simon de Bruxelles and David Brown

Police are to review the case of a notorious paedophile known as the Beast of Jersey who regularly visited a care home on the island where the bones of a child were found at the weekend.

For 11 years Edward Paisnel, a building contractor, stalked the island wearing a rubber mask and nail-studded wristlets, attacking women and children with apparent impunity.

His visits in the 1960s to Haut de la Garenne, when he was often dressed in a Santa Claus outfit, were first revealed in a book written by his wife, Joan, in 1972, after he had been sentenced to 30 years in prison. Paisnel, who asked children to call him Uncle Ted, died in 1994.

Last month Gordon Wateridge, the 76-year-old former warder of Haut de la Garenne, became the first person to be charged in connection with the investigation into abuse on the island. Mr Wateridge was warder at the home between 1969 and 1979. 

It also emerged yesterday that a skull found at the home may have been moved as recently as five years ago.

As police moved in specialist equipment to search a rubble-filled cellar at the Haut de la Garenne care home where they fear more bodies may be buried, more details emerged of the alleged �systemic� physical and sexual abuse at the home.

One man who was in the home for several years in the 1960s told how his 14-year-old best friend, Michael Collins, ran away from the home and was found hanged from a tree.

The man, who is now in his sixties, said that violence was dished out by both staff and older boys. He recalled two occasions when boys went missing and were said to have �gone back home�.

�You have to wonder, now,� he said.

Police confirmed yesterday that they were investigating six further �hot spots� pinpointed by a specialist sniffer dog trained to detect buried human remains. The sites are both inside and outside the building and several are above a cellar where children were confined if they were badly behaved, according to former residents.

Lenny Harper, Jersey�s deputy chief of police, said that it was not known when the cellar was filled, and that clearing it could take a considerable time.

Stuart Syvret, the former Jersey health minister, who was sacked in November for alleging that there had been an official cover-up over the child abuse scandal, said yesterday that he believed that the skull found on Saturday under seven inches of concrete had been reburied in 2003 when the building was refurbished before becoming the island�s youth hostel.

He said: �The abuse at the home may date back decades but the cover-up that followed is much more recent.�

He said that it appeared that as recently as five years ago a child�s body was disinterred and reburied in a place where someone hoped that it would never be found.

Since the discovery of the human bones more than ten further victims of child abuse at the home have contacted police, taking the total number to more than 150.

It has also emerged that remains discovered five years ago were dismissed as animal bones and disposed of, despite being found in close proximity to children�s shoes.

Mr Syvret, 42, who has been involved in fierce clashes with Frank Walker, the island�s Chief Minister, over allegations of a cover-up, said that the abuse extended to several more children�s homes in addition to Haut de la Garenne and Greenfields, which is the subject of a separate investigation.

Although many people on the island professed astonishment at the discoveries, some older residents were less surprised. A farmer who used to deliver milk to the home in the 1940s and 1950s recalls being instructed to pass it through the window to avoid any possible interaction with the inmates.

Another nearby resident said: �These were children no one wanted. Everyone knew the regime was harsh but that was expected in those days.

�It doesn�t surprise me that some disappeared, they were half way to being disappeared by being put there in the first place.�

Most of the 60 children livng in the home were orphans or had been abandoned by parents unable to look after them. Latterly it was used for children with special needs and behavioural problems.

Mr Syvret claims that the abuse continued after the home was closed in 1986 and its residents transferred. 

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3434297.ece

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *