Convicted child rapist, 33, posed as a policeman to attack three young girls in ONE HOUR just six months after he was freed from jail
- Apeldelrazek Badran, 33, attacked three girls in one hour in north London
- It came just six months after release from prison for raping girl, 9
- He served a nine-year jail sentence for the crime committed in 2003
- Badran was released in 2009 on licence but recalled in 2011 until 2015
- He was convicted at Wood Green Crown Court and remanded in custody
Apeldelrazek Badran, 33, posed as a policeman to attack three young girls just six months after being released from prison following a nine-year sentence for raping a nine-year-old girl
A convicted child rapist posed as a policeman to attack three girls in one hour – just six months after his release from prison.
Apeldelrazek Badran, 33, had served nine years for raping a nine year old girl he lured to a secluded spot.
And during his latest spate of attacks he lured a 12-year-old girl down an alleyway before sexually assaulting her and taking pictures of her semi-nude on his phone.
He also breached an order not to approach children just six days after it expired, again posing as a cop to approach four girls in a park.
Badran, approached two schoolgirls near his home in Enfield, north London, while on his bike on January 27th this year – six months after being released from jail – and told them he was a police officer but they managed to run away.
In the second incident, an hour later at around 5.30pm, he told a 12-year-old she was suspected of shoplifting before forcing her down an alleyway, threatening her with what she thought was a knife.
She had been to the shops to buy ingredients for a cake that she was planning to bake for school the next day.
Badran said he would ‘cut her’ before sexually assaulting her as her phone rang with panicked calls from her mother.
He then took photos of the girl’s half naked body on his phone before she managed to run away, dropping her mother’s bank card.
The terrified girl ‘was crying and shaking, saying, ‘It’s not my fault’ and ‘I tried to escape’ when she was eventaully found by her frantic mother.
An hour earlier Badran had physically attacked an 11-year-old with alleged intent to sexually assaulting her, but she managed to break free and run home.
Badran was identified by police, and officers went to his home address about a mile-and-a-half away from where the two attacks took place.
He was arrested and police found the girl’s mother’s bank card.
Officers also discovered a photo of his victim with her name written on it and details of the attack in the deleted pictures folder of his phone.
Badran was jailed for nine years with an extended licence of five years having admitted raping a nine-year-old girl in 2003.
He approached the girl as she fished on the bank of a canal on Hackney Marshes in east London, and lured her to a secluded area where he claimed she could land a bigger catch before raping her.
He was released on conditional licence in July 2009, but was recalled to prison in September 2011, to serve the rest of his sentence.
Badran was finally released in July 2015, just six months before he struck again.
He was also accused of impersonating an officer to sexually touch four girls in Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, on November 11, last year.
He was cleared of the sexual touching but convicted of breaching the sexual harm prevention order not to have any contact with children under 16 which was imposed just six days earlier.
He was also cleared on the judge’s direction of assaulting an 11 year old boy on the day the order was granted and attempting to grab a girl on October 19.
Anthony Orchard QC, prosecuting, said: ‘This case is about a series of offences of an increasing sexual nature, beginning in October 2015 and ending with this defendant’s arrest on 28th January 2016.
‘The offences were all committed on schoolchildren aged between 10 and 12 years old at the end of the Secondary School day.
The jury at Wood Green Crown Court, pictured, convicted him of one count of ABH, battery with intent to commit a sexual offence, sexual assault by digital penetration, sexual touching and bank card theft
‘Over time the offences escalated in scale and seriousness. It appears the longer the defendant remained at large, the bolder he became.
‘He was finally caught because of what took place on 27th January 2016.’
The jury convicted him of one count of ABH, battery with intent to commit a sexual offence, sexual assault by digital penetration, sexual touching and bank card theft.
The jury also found him guilty of a further two breaches of his SHPO.
Judge Rosamund Horwood-Smart QC ordered them to find him not guilty on the further three counts.
Following his guilty plea for rape in 2003 Detective Constable Shaun Egan described the attack as ‘horrendous’ and said the girl was still traumatised.
‘She is wary of men, doesn’t leave her house much and keeps crying,’ he said.
‘I have no doubt that Badran went out that day looking for a victim to rape.
‘He led the girl to a very secluded area and I believe he had already chosen that spot and pre-planned how he would entice her there.’
Badran was remanded in custody until his sentencing hearing next month.
from Blogger http://ift.tt/2aXeCvA