Tis ‘ not the season to be jolly’ for raisin-in-a-wig, Cliff Richard. His popularity has taken an absolute battering since his home was searched by officers investigating child-abuse allegations. According to the Mail: ” Sir Cliff Richard has suffered a ‘significant drop’ in the number of times his songs have been played on the radio in the UK since his home was raided as part of a child sex abuse investigation.
The BBC filmed the raid of Sir Cliff’s Berkshire mansion and broadcast the coverage live after striking a deal with South Yorkshire Police over the planned search. A reporter had contacted the force weeks before the planned search in August about the top secret investigation.
However the pop star’s reputation may have been damaged by the very public revelations about the search – because his airplay has dropped by around 65 per cent in the UK since it took place.
An analysis of radio airplay, by BBC Radio 5 Live using figures from Radio Monitor, found that there has been a 65 per cent drop in the number of times Sir Cliff songs have been played on BBC and commercial radio stations in the last three months.”
Of course, many commentators are noting that the less they hear of Cliff’s warbling on the radio the better (how cruel).
Here are a selection of comments:
– ” suppose due to his longevity and popularity, he’s probably now classed as a ‘national treasure’, but he’s old and past it and really ought to consider gracefully retiring. The last time I heard him attempt to sing was at the Queen’s diamond jubilee concert and it was painful on the ear!”
– ” People actually listen to this man’s “music”???? No, seriously. Lol.”
– “Sir Cliff Richard has suffered 65 per cent reduction in UK airplay…” ———- So something good came out of it! “
– ” I would have thought the public are sick and tired of him anyway!”
He’s even considering suing the BBC for filming the raid on his home.
Are you Cliff?
Are you really?
Well you wont get far with that, because we’ve heard on the grapevine that the whole ” arrest” debacle was merely a charade- deliberately designed to garner sympathy for Cliff from the general public.
Of course, what many people won’t realise is that Cliff is nothing at all like his wholesome Christian persona.
He is, instead, an important Establishment ‘tool’ with many friends in high places, all of whom share the most depraved and sickening of secrets.
In fact , Cliff has been helped many times by senior police and intelligence agency over the last 5 decades when his dirty-doings were on the verge of being exposed.
This is similar to his close chum Jimmy Savile who managed to avoid arrest for years because of his close links to royalty and the government.
Are we too only going to discover the truth about Cliff once he shuffles off this mortal coil?
Quite possibly, yes.
It may be only then that we find out the following sordid facts:
– that Cliff and Melvyn Bragg share a repulsive hobby that the average person would find sickening.
– that Cliff is linked to notorious boy-brothel Elm Guest House, where boys were trafficked from local care homes to be abused by VIP filth, and used the pseudonym, Kitty. – that Cliff knew about the BBC paedophile ring, linked to Government and Royalty – that Cliff was questioned several times by police officers following the brutal murder of his ‘close’ chum Jill Dando, who was about to blow the lid on the ring. – that Cliff recently renounced his British citizenship and is now a fully fledged Barbadian. – that Cliff has had intimate relations with Mossad rentboy, Tony Blair. – that Cliff has been helped by his pals in Mi5 to evade justice when abuse allegations have been made against him. – that Cliff is really nothing like his wholesome, religious, celibate persona at all and has actually hoodwinked us, Jimmy Savile style, for decades. Oh dear. Cliff’s chums have even allowed him to slip away to Barbados whilst the heat is on, knowing full-well that they have no extradition treaty with the UK. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/541346/Sir-Cliff-Richard-rare-appearance-public-Barbados-airport There is a bright side to all of this though. With Cliff’s popularity on the wane at least we wont have to listen to the horrifying drivel of ‘Mistletoe and Wine’ for the next month. Is that not the best Christmas present of all?