Brilliant atmosphere, I enjoyed myself and met some great people.
Thanks for inviting me Robert.
Brilliant atmosphere, I enjoyed myself and met some great people.
Thanks for inviting me Robert.
Build Your Own Bob Beck Equipment
Bob Beck Papers
Pamela Anderson said it was ‘common knowledge’ Harvey Weinstein was dangerous and told how she avoided being stuck alone with him in an interview on Thursday morning.
The Playboy veteran laughed as she said she was not surprised the onslaught of sexaul assault allegations against the movie mogul and described how he once phoned her to bully her about a film she was in.
Appearing on Megyn Kelly Today, Anderson, 50, said: ‘I think it was common knowledge. That certain people or certain producers in Hollywood are people to avoid privately.
‘You know what you’re getting in to if you go to a hotel room, alone.’
In what appeared to be a jibe at his victims, she said it was ‘no excuse’ to presume the meetings were safe just because they were set up by agents, a claim which has been made by actresses including Gwyneth Paltrow as they detailed their run-ins with Weinstein.
Pamela Anderson said it was ‘common knowledge’ Harvey Weinstein posed a threat to women during an interview on Thursday
‘I just think there’s easy ways to remedy that. That’s not a good excuse,’ Anderson said.
Earlier, she said she had long learned how to avoid being put in the very situation many of Weinstein’s accusers described.
‘I learned not to put myself in those positions. When i came to hollywood, I had a lot of offers to do private auditions and things that just made no sense, just common sense.
‘Don’t go into a hotel room alone. If someone answers the door in a bathrobe, leave.
‘Things that are common sense but I know Hollywood is very seductive and people want to be famous and sometimes you think you’re going to be safe with an adult in the room and, I don’t know where this security comes form but somehow I dodged it all.’
While she never encountered any sexual confrontation from Weinstein, she did give an anecdote of how he once bullied her over the phone as they worked on the 2008 film Superhero in which she played The Invisible Girl.
‘He’s very intimidating. I was doing a movie superheroes or something and I played the invisible girl with an invisible dog. As a PETA activist, I don’t work with animals in film because they’re treated horribly. I said, “If I have an invisible dog, I just want to make sure there’s no dog there because I can’t do the film if if there’s going to be a dog in the film. That’s it”.
While she said she never had any physical confrontation with him, Anderson described the mogul as ‘very intimidating’
Anderson recalled a phone call during which Weinstein allegedly yelled at her and told her she would never work again unless she did as he told her while they were working on the movie Superhero in 2008
‘Then he called and said “you little, you’re so lucky that I put you in a film and you’re Pamela Anderson and you don’t deserve anything and if you don’t do this thing, you’ll never work in this town again.”
‘Never in my life have I been talked to like that, and I’ve had some bad boyfriends,’ she said.
Anderson said she had been forced to fight off inappropriate advances and offers long before the Weinstein revelations emerged and that she had turned down ‘money, homes and cars’ from men who wanted to sleep with her.
‘I’ve been offered lots of things. A condo and a porsche to be someone’s number one girl. I just naively said, “Well there must be a number 2 then, so I’m not interested.”
‘Money, homes, roles in movies. And I just didn’t want to do it that way. I had no desire. I’m a romantic and it didn’t appeal to me.’ Anderson has spoken in the past of how she was sexually abused as a child.
In the second part of her interview with Kelly, she described her friendship with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and described him as ‘smart, funny and brilliant’.
Anderson has been known to visit Assange at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he has been seeking refuge for years.
Stephanie Roberts has avoided jail for a shocking knife attack on her ‘controlling’ boyfriend Ravi Benitez
A woman who stabbed her boyfriend in the face after taking drugs and drinking heavily has avoided jail after her lawyers insisted she is ‘charming’.
Stephanie Roberts, 20, slashed at her lover Ravi Benitez, 19, when she visited him at Warwick University on November 24 last year.
Mr Benitez suffered slash wounds before a security guard managed to wrestle the seven-inch knife from Roberts’ hands.
She was spared jail at Warwick Crown Court after the judge was told she is ‘an intelligent young woman of integrity and charm’.
The court was told Roberts, of South Kensington, London, took anti-psychotic drug Xanax before going out drinking with Mr Benitez and his friends.
When they returned to Mr Benitez’s flat at the university, which he shared with other students, Roberts attacked him.
The court heard Roberts pointed the knife at Mr Benitez before telling him: ‘I’d rather kill the person who’s f****ed me up the most – you. I know perfectly well what I’m doing.’
She then called her father, telling him: ‘You need to get me before I kill him, you need to get me right now. You come here right now, or it’s the end.’
Despite hearing how she said she’d kill Mr Benitez, Roberts’ lawyer insisted she is ‘charming’
But Adam Western, defending, said of Roberts: ‘She had been subject to controlling behaviour and isolated from her friends.
‘She says he manipulated her entirely. She is described as an intelligent young woman of integrity and charm.’
After admitting wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, Roberts received a two-year prison sentence, suspended for two years.
She was also given a rehabilitation activity and a restraining order banning her from having any contact with Mr Benitez.
Judge Sylvia de Bertodano said: ‘It was by all accounts a pretty toxic relationship which involved him providing [her] with Xanax on a regular basis.’
Addressing Roberts, she added: ‘On this evening, on two separate occasions, you lunged at him with the knife.
The court was told Roberts, of South Kensington, London, (her home is pictured) took anti-psychotic drug Xanax before going out drinking with Mr Benitez and his friends
‘The first occasion is what caused the damage, and there are two slashes to his face and to his finger when he put his hand up to defend himself.’
The judge added: ‘It was a very, very dangerous way to behave, because if you take out a knife when you are distressed and angry and have had a lot to drink, you can cause very serious injuries indeed.
‘Both he and you are very fortunate you did not do so on this occasion.
‘But I have read a great deal about you, and both the prosecution and the defence accept I must sentence you according to your basis of plea which makes clear you had for some time been the victim of a mentally abusive relationship.
‘Your circumstances had pushed you to the limit, and the combination of drink and drugs that had been supplied to you by him that night were sufficient to push you over the edge.’
The attack happened when Roberts went to visit her boyfriend at Warwick University
Charlie Dunn (top right), five, was left unsupervised for two hours by his mother Lynsey and stepfather Paul Smith (pictured together left at an earlier court hearing) despite his ‘fear of going near water’, Leicester Crown Court heard. The pair are accused of his manslaughter by gross negligence and child cruelty after he was found dead at Bosworth Water Park (bottom right) in Leicestershire in July 2016. Dunn and Smith are also charged with incidents of child cruelty alleged to have taken place over four years before his death. The body of Charlie, who could not swim, was found by three boys who felt his hair beneath their feet under the water.
The Crown actress Claire Foy has weighed in on the show’s decision to delve into rumours of the Duke of Edinburgh’s infidelity in a new interview.
The 33-year-old star, who plays the Queen in the Netflix drama, said it would be ‘very weird’ to make a series ‘where we pretended… that Prince Philip was entirely devoted to the Queen, adding, ‘that’s not a true depiction’.
The actress spoke ahead of the release of the second season of the £100million series, which will paint an unflattering portrait of Prince Philip as an adulterer.
Speaking out: Claire Foy, who plays the Queen on The Crown, opened up about the show’s decision to delve into rumours of Prince Philip’s infidelity. Pictured with co-star Matt Smith
Cracks in the marriage: Claire Foy and Matt Smith as the Queen and Prince Philip on The Crown
In an interview with Alexandra Pollard at the Guardian, Foy said: ‘I think ultimately it would be very weird if we made a series where we pretended that Tony Armstrong-Jones was just a photographer, that Edward VIII never had any scandal in his life, and that Prince Philip was entirely devoted to the Queen.
‘That’s not a true depiction of these people, and not a true exploration of their characters. It would be like saying that the Queen was never away from her children.’
Scenes from the new series show the Duke of Edinburgh, played by Matt Smith, being tempted by a flirtatious Jackie Kennedy during her visit to Buckingham Palace in 1961.
Milestone anniversary: The Queen and Prince Philip recently celebrated their 70th anniversary
Meanwhile the Queen’s suspicions of infidelity are aroused after she finds a picture of a dancer in his bag – believed to represent Pat Kirkwood, the real-life dancer he was once linked to.
The Netflix show also suggests he was romantically involved with women on a 1956-7 tour of Commonwealth countries without his wife, aboard the HMY Britannia.
There he meets the women of Papua New Guinea and Tonga, with his private secretary writing: ‘Nowhere on earth have we seen such beautiful women.
‘We tear ourselves away, each of us not a little bit, but very much in love.’
Incriminating: In season two, the Queen finds a photo of a dancer among Philip’s belongings
The second season also portrays just how much time the Queen spent away from her children as they were growing up as she battled with growing discontent in the Commonwealth.
Foy, who gave birth to her child shortly before she started work on The Crown in 2015, said that no one could judge the Queen for what she did.
‘I’ve learned that the last thing you can do is judge another mother,’ she said. ‘She had a job to do, and if she was a man, no one would have questioned it.’
The second series of The Crown will be available to watch from December 8 on Netflix.
This is the moment an angry father comes face to face with a paedophile accused of trying to groom his 15-year-old daughter online.
Andrew Chaney, 34, was cornered on his doorstep by two paedophile hunting teams after attempting to ‘blackmail’ children into performing sex acts with offers of iPhones, tablets and Olly Murs autographs.
Silent Justice and Keeping Kids Safe accused the licensed security guard of sending sexually explicit messages to ‘at least 20’ undercover decoys posing as girls aged between ten and 14 online – and claimed he had also contacted real children.
One furious father travelled more than 150 miles from Wales to confront him at his home in Copnor, Portsmouth, on September 28 after contacting the group.
Andrew Chaney, 34, pictured, has been jailed for three years after admitting sex offences after being caught grooming children online
Chaney was confronted on his doorstep (left and right) by paedophile hunters Silent Justice and Keeping Kids Safe, as well as the father of a 15-year-old girl he had been grooming online
During the sting he said he was sitting on his hands to keep himself from harming Chaney, who he claimed had randomly messaged his underage daughter online.
When this was put to him, he simply said: ‘Sorry, I didn’t realise.’
Chaney – who claimed to work at music festivals popular with children – had boasted about mingling with pop stars and promised celebrities’ autographs to several decoys in return for ‘something special’.
When the ‘girls’ refused to carry out his sick demands, he resorted to ‘bullying’ and told them to ‘do it or get blocked’.
Chaney, of no fixed abode, was jailed for three years at Portsmouth Crown Court on Friday, after pleading guilty to four counts of attempting to cause a female 13 or over to engage in sexual activity and two counts of attempting to meet a girl under 16 following grooming.
He was put on the sex offenders register for life and given an indefinite sexual harm prevention order.
A video of the confrontation – seen more than 500,000 times online – shows Chaney cowering behind his front door as the paedophile hunters surround him.
Chaney, left in a mugshot and right outside his home in Portsmouth, at first said he was only talking to ‘three or four’ girls but later apologised and said he ‘didn’t deserve to live’
One asks: ‘You’ve been talking to some children online, haven’t you?’, to which he replies sheepishly: ‘I have, yeah. Sorry.’
He claims he did not know their ages and says he was only speaking to ‘about three or four’.
But his story soon changes when the hunters produce evidence showing the real number is much higher.
The seething father says: ‘And one of them is my daughter.’
Chaney begins to shake and stutters: ‘I’m sorry, I didn’t realise.’
The man continues: ‘You’ve actually inboxed my daughter and I told my daughter to delete and block you. My daughter’s 15 and my other daughter’s 13.’
Chaney says: ‘Like I said, I don’t know all the ages.’
He replies: ‘I’ve travelled all the way down from Wales to come and see you. I’m sitting on my hands right now because if I weren’t the type of bloke that I am, I’d like to do harm to you. But I am not that way.’
Shortly after the confrontation police were called to the scene and Chaney was arrested
When asked what he thinks his punishment should be, Chaney responds: ‘I don’t deserve to live to be honest. I’m sorry for everything. I shouldn’t have done it.’
In a final twist, he is then made homeless when his female housemate tells him she wants him to leave and the owner has demanded his key back.
As he hands it over, another man says: ‘Your face looks like your whole world’s just ended.’
Chaney responds: ‘It has, yeah.’
Police then arrive and take him into custody.
Speaking after the case, a spokesman for Keeping Kids Safe said: ‘We’re pleased with this outcome. It could have been longer, but overall we’re satisfied that justice has been served.’